We think you’ll agree, a visit to your local coffee shop or shopping around town is much easier with a Century Bank MasterCard® Debit Card.
Not only is a debit card easier to carry with you, a MasterCard® debit card gives you access to your account anywhere MasterCard®is accepted for payment.
Your Century Bank Debit MasterCard® is enhanced with EMV chip technology. This means that your debit card will have additional security features and can be used at chip-enabled payment terminals—close to home and around the world. Use your Century Bank Debit MasterCard® at point of sale terminals or ATMs where MasterCard® is universally accepted.
To learn more about the Century Bank Debit MasterCard® chip technology click here.
Debit Card features:
- Included with a Century Bank Checking account
- EMV - Chip Card Technology
- Flexibility – shop, get cash at ATM’s and more
- Global – Widely accepted where you see the MasterCard® symbol
- Secure – Extensive fraud protection controls
Additional benefits for MasterCard® Business Debit Card Customers*:
- Zero Liability - automatically protects against unauthorized purchases
- MasterRental® - Provides primary coverage for eligible rental vehicles
- MasterAssist® - Povides cardholders with travel-related assistance
- MasterCoverage® – protects companies from possible card misuse by employees
- Purchase Assurance® - Coverage against theft or damage to most new items purchased with your eligible MasterCard up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
*Please refer to the MasterCard® Guide of Benefits for additional information regarding these services which may include additional fees and other terms and conditions. You may request a copy anytime at any of our convenient locations or by calling 505.995.1200.
Debit Card Services
Once you open a new Century Bank checking account, or if you have an existing account you can request a debit card in one of the following ways:
- Call us at 505.995.1200 or toll free 877.424.2828
- Visit a local branch
Your new cards should arrive in the mail within 1-3 business days.
There are four ways to activate your debit card:
- Call us at 505.424.2888 or toll free 1.877.424.2828
- Sign into Online Banking
- Activate at any Century Bank ATM
- Visit a local branch
Century Bank has an agreement with the MoneyPass® ATM network to allow our customers to use any MoneyPass®ATM machine without incurring a “Foreign ATM Service Charge” from the owner of the ATM. The MoneyPass® network offers tens of thousands of service charge-free ATMs throughout the United States. A complete listing of MoneyPass® ATM locations and directions are available at www.moneypass.com. Please see Century Bank’s Fee Schedule for a complete listing of bank fees.
As always, when you use your Century Bank ATM/Debit Card at a Century Bank ATM, we will NOT assess a service charge for the transaction. In addition, you have the option of receiving cash back without a service charge at many retail merchants (including grocery stores) when you make a purchase with your debit card.
Century Bank debit cards come with the following daily limits:
- Daily POS (Point of Sale) is $1,000
- Daily ATM withdrawal limit $500.
If you ever need a temporary increase you may call us at 505.424.2888 or toll free 877.424.2828. You may also visit your local branch.
Century Bank recommends that you contact us prior to traveling to place a travel notification on your debit card(s) to reduce the possibility of card access being interrupted.
It’s easy to set up a Travel Notification:
- Log in to your Online Banking account and send us a Secure Message with the dates and location of your upcoming trip.
- Call us 505.424.2888 or toll tree 877.424.2828
For your protection, we will continue to monitor debit card activity even when a travel notification is in effect.
Please note that you may be required to use your PIN when making certain types of transactions outside of the State of New Mexico.
If you know your PIN: Visit any Century Bank ATM or step inside any branch and we’ll be happy to change it for you.
If you do not know your PIN: Please visit a local branch and we’ll help you change your PIN.
Debit Card Security
Century Bank now offers MyCardRules™, a mobile app that allows Century Bank Mastercard® Debit cardholders to monitor debit card usage, control and detect fraud, and set serveral preferences on how your Mastercard® debit card can be used. 1. 2
Enrolled cardholders will receive real-time alerts on pre-determined transactions, settings and rules.
Lose a card? Turn your card "off" for added safety until you reach the bank. Find your card in the meantime? What a relief! Simply Turn your card back "on".
On a budget? Tell the app what your spending limits are and stay within transaction limits.3
MyCardRules™ features include the ability to:
- Turn your Mastercard® debit card ON/OFF with the tap of a finger
- View recent debit card transactions and activity
- Set location preferences by location, region, or country to define the areas in which your card can or cannot by used
- Set spend limits on transactions to specify a transaction amount above which transactions are denied
- Set specific transaction types to allow or refuse (in-store, eCommerce, mail or phone orders, auto pay, ATMs, etc.)
- Set specific merchant types to allow or refuse (department stores, gas stations, grocery store, etc.)
- Customize alerts that will be pushed to your mobile device
- Add multiple cards
Download the app today!
Need more information? Call or visit us at any of our convenient locations during normal business hours.
1. This service is provided at no addtional cost. However, you may incur charges to receive internet, cellular or other data service on your mobile device. You may also incur charges from your telecommunications carrier when sending and receiving information in connection with your use of MyCardRules™.
2. MyCardRules™ is a mobile application developed and maintained by Jack Henry and Associates for financial institutions that use JHA Card Processing Solutions™ for their debit card processing.
3. Daily Point of Sale Transaction Limits and ATM Cash Withdrawal Limits are predetermined by Century Bank - Please contact us for assistance.
In most cases, you will not be held liable for unauthorized use of your Debit or ATM card if you report your card lost or stolen in a timely manner.Let us know immediately if your card has been lost, stolen, or if you notice any suspicious activity on your Century Bank accounts.
Online Banking customers can deactivate a Debit or ATM card by signing on to Online Banking. Choose “Options” on the main menu; Choose ATM/Debit Card and click the box in the “Lost/Stolen” column beside the card to be deactivated.
During normal banking hours, call our Customer Service Center at 505.424.2888, to report your lost or stolen card, or to report suspicious activity.
If your card has been stolen, is lost, or if you discover suspicious activity on your accounts using your Debit or ATM card after hours or during a weekend, call 1.866.546.8273. You will need to provide:
- The bank’s name and city, state or our ABA number of 307072443.
- The exact name on the card.
- Your full address and a day time phone number.
- The reason you are requesting the card be cancelled.
You may also call our Telephone Banking system at 505.424.2828, select 1 for English or 2 for Spanish and then option 5 to deactivate your ATM or Debit card.
Call our Customer Service Center at 505.424.2888 during banking hours to arrange for a replacement card.
If you believe you may be a victim of identity theft, click here.
At Century Bank, we are concerned about the safety of your bank accounts. Century Bank is now offering the following services to help protect you from fraud.
Fraud Center provides proactive monitoring of debit card transactions using transaction profiling to identify fraud patterns as transactions occur. The system examines historical spending patterns and builds a customer profile to identify high risk transactions that may be outside your normal spending habits.
High risk debit card transactions will be reviewed by a Fraud Analyst who will evaluate the transaction in conjunction with recent activity. The Fraud Analyst will attempt to contact you using the phone numbers we have on record. If there is no answer, the Fraud Analyst will leave a message. If the Analyst is unable to verify the transaction by speaking to the owner of the debit card, a temporary block will be placed on future debit card transactions.
If your debit card is blocked because a Fraud Analyst is unable to reach you, the Analyst will provide a phone number to reply to the message in order to remove the temporary block. You may also call Century Bank at 505.424.2888 during normal business hours to have the block removed.
When a Fraud Analyst calls, you will be asked to verify whether a specific transaction is valid. It is important to note that the Analyst will not ask for personal information, such as your account number, the CVV code located on the back of the card, card expiration date, Social Security number, etc.
- Treat your card like cash and keep it in a secure location.
- Don’t write your PIN on your card, keep it with your debit card, or share it with anyone.
- Don’t use obvious or easily guessed numbers for your PIN, such as your date of birth or “1111” or “1234”
- Don’t provide your account number to anyone or allow anyone to use your debit card.
- Check your monthly statements for unauthorized transactions. Contact Century Bank immediately at 505.424.2888 if there are any suspicious charges.
- IMMEDIATELY contact Century Bank at 505.424.2888 if your debit card is lost or stolen. To report a lost or stolen card after business hours, please call 1.866.546.8273.
- For security purposes, please activate your card upon receipt.