APRIL 16, 2020
APRIL 13, 2020 - As part of the CARES Act passed by Congress on March 27, 2020, Century Bank will begin receiving the Economic Impact Payments (EIP) through Automated Clearing House (ACH) this week. If eligible, our clients may begin seeing these payments in their accounts beginning April 15, 2020. The Bureau of Fiscal Services will be sending subsequent ACH payments every week until distribution is complete.
The following information represents our understanding of the EIPs:
- Eligibility for US citizens and resident aliens is based on the taxpayer’s adjusted gross income (AGI). To determine eligibility, customers can go to https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know;
- The following individuals should receive payments as an ACH direct deposit:
- Eligible individuals who filed their 2018 or 2019 tax federal taxes electronically and provided a bank account number for their refund or to pay their taxes;
- Individuals who receive Social Security (SSA), Railroad Retirement Benefits (RRB) or Social Security Disability (SSDI);
- Individuals that are not required to file taxes or have not received SSA/RRB/SSDI payments, can enter their bank information at https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments
- US Treasury checks will be sent for payments that can’t be sent via ACH as follows:
- The first checks may go out this week;
- Check disbursements are expected to be done over an eight week timeline through mid-June;
- There will be a notation in the memo field indicating that the check is an EIP payment. The wording is not known at this time.
- The IRS will mail a letter to the taxpayer’s last known address within 15 days of the payment which will include information on how the payment was made and how to report non-receipt.
If you have questions about your Century Bank account or payments received, do not hesitate to contact us at 505.995.1200 during business hours.
MARCH 26, 2020 - Century Bank knows that many of our clients, including individuals, families and businesses, may face financial challenges due to the effects associated with the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. For those who have been impacted financially by Coronavirus/COVID-19, we are here to help.
For deposit clients, Century Bank is ready to assist individuals and businesses by refunding certain fees including, but not limited to, NSF, overdraft and other miscellaneous fees. We have also increased limits on ATM withdrawals and point of sale transactions for debit cards.
Certain types of personal loans may qualify for short term payment deferrals and the waiving of late fees. Other options may be available depending on the type of personal loan.
For established business and commercial borrowers, some amortizing loans may qualify to be modified for interest-only payments on a temporary basis. A disaster relief line of credit or a secondary line of credit may be set up to temporarily support cash flow and liquidity needs. Credit line increases may also be considered for cash flow and liquidity support. We are also cooperating with the State of New Mexico and others for their loan guarantee programs. All loan requests and changes are subject to credit approval by Century Bank.
Contact us to discuss your situation and the possibility of other services we may provide for you in this crisis. Each inquiry and circumstance will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Century Bank remains on standby to be of further assistance to you. Contact us at 505.995.1200 during normal hours or visit one of our locations by calling the number above for an appointment.
FRAUD AND SCAMS
We would also like to make sure that all of our customers are aware of a current scam warning issued by the Federal Trade Commission. With the potential of an economic stimulus there has been a rise of phone, e-mail and text scams. Please take a moment to read a recent article from the Federal Trade Commission regarding account safety and what to do should if you should spot a scam. The article can be found by visited the following link: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2020/03/checks-government
If you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at 505.995.1200.
MARCH 18, 2020 - In order to protect the health and safety of both clients and staff, beginning March 19, 2020 and until further notice, Century Bank will be restricting access to our bank lobbies at all locations across the state. Century Bank will remain open and operational to continue to meet our clients’ and community’s financial needs during this time of uncertainty caused by Coronavirus/COVID-19.
Robert Strong, CEO of Century Bank, wants you to know that, “In order to support our clients, associates and our communities, we have carefully reviewed our procedures and are taking this health and safety threat very seriously. We will do our part to help those in need and to protect the health of everyone involved. We also welcome feedback and suggestions on how we can be of further assistance.”
Century Bank will facilitate business and remain operational with person-to-person appointments, drive-through services, and telephone interactions along with technology based solutions.
Appointments can be made as needed and for services including safe deposit box entries. Most drive-up locations should be able to facilitate most other service needs. Lobby Locations with drive-up facilities include Santa Fe, Espanola, Rio Rancho, and Las Cruces. Drive-up hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Some locations will have Saturday hours as well. Hours of operation will be evaluated periodically and adjusted accordingly. For details on office hours, see our Branches and ATM page or call 505.995.1200.
Locations without drive-up windows will allow clients into their offices by appointment or in limited numbers. Offices without drive-up facilities include Downtown Santa Fe, Los Alamos and Albuquerque.
Credit and Financial Relief
Century Bank is finalizing plans to assist business and individual customers who have been impacted financially by Coronavirus/COVID-19.
We are currently working on in-house loan programs in addition to cooperating with the State of New Mexico and others for their loan guarantee programs. We will have more details in the coming days.
For deposit clients, we have already increased limits on ATM withdrawals and point of sale transactions for debit cards. Those impacted by COVID-19 may contact us to discuss other services we may provide for them during this crisis.
As a local bank, Century wants to help. If you or your business have been affected by COVID-19 and have questions or need our support, feel free to contact us at 505.995.1200.
MARCH 16, 2020 - This is to let you know that Century Bank is operating as normal. As things progress with COVID-19, we will be sure to keep everyone informed.
In the meantime, we wanted to let you know the following:
- Century Bank will NEVER call, email or contact you to ask for personal information including Social Security Numbers, account numbers, passwords or other non-public information. Please be extra careful and aware of scams and fraudsters, especially in times of crisis.
- Don’t forget that online and mobile banking are available to you and your business. These services include mobile wallet with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay (touch-less in several locations), Remote Deposit Anywhere for personal use and XPress Deposit (remote deposit capture) for business use. Businesses also have access to a wide array of Treasury Management services. If you need assistance with any of these products or services, feel free to contact us at 505.995.1200 during business hours.
- Please avoid branch visits if you are ill, have traveled to high risk areas or have been exposed to COVID-19. If you need something and cannot make it into the branch, feel free to contact us during business hours. We also have drive up facilities and ATMs at several locations.
If you or your business has been affected by COVID-19 and have questions or need our support, feel free to contact us at 505.995.1200.
MARCH 10, 2020 - We want you to know that Century Bank is taking the current outbreak of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID19) very seriously. Our utmost concern is the safety and health of our communities and that we continue to be available to our clients during any crisis.
Century Bank is required to have a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) that is reviewed and tested regularly. It is our duty to ensure that we continue to be available to our clients and communities. In response to COVID-19, Century has taken steps outlined in our BCP to ensure that critical business functions are working now and in the event of an emergency.
In our offices, we’ve increased daily cleaning procedures including disinfecting high touch or heavily used areas of our offices. We are educating our teams on best practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control.
Should you visit our branches, our teams are available to serve you. Our online and mobile banking applications are available to view transactions, check balances, and make payments or deposits and more. If you don’t currently have online or mobile banking and you would like these services, please call us at 505.995.1200.
If you’ve been impacted by COVID-19, have questions or need our support, feel free to contact us at 505.995.1200.
We will continue to closely monitor this situation and evaluate additional measures to support our customers and communities.
Stay healthy and safe!
Your friends at Century Bank