We think you’ll agree, a visit to your local coffee shop or shopping around town is much easier with a Century Bank Mastercard® Debit Card.
Not only is a debit card easier to carry with you, a Mastercard® debit card gives you access to your account anywhere MasterCard® is accepted for payment.
Your Century Bank Debit Mastercard® is enhanced with EMV chip technology. This means that your debit card will have additional security features and can be used at chip-enabled payment terminals—close to home and around the world. Use your Century Bank Debit Mastercard® at point of sale terminals or ATMs where MasterCard® is universally accepted.
- Included with a Century Bank Checking account
- EMV - Chip Card Technology
- Flexibility – shop, get cash at ATMs and more
- Global – Widely accepted where you see the Mastercard® symbol
- Secure – Extensive fraud protection controls
Debit Card Limits
Your Century Bank Debit Mastercard® daily limits are as follows:
Daily POS (Point of Sale) is $1,000
Daily ATM withdrawal limit $500
If you ever need a temporary increase you may call Customer Service at 505.424.2888 or toll free 877.424.2828. You may also visit your local branch and a Universal Banker will be happy to assist you.
Additional benefits for Mastercard® Consumer Debit Card Customers*
- Mastercard® ID Theft Protection (IDT) – Provides you with access to a number of Identity Theft protection and resolution services
- Extended Warranty – Doubles the original manufacturer warranty up to a maximum of 12 months on most items you purchase
- Satisfaction Guarantee – If you become dissatisfied with a product you purchase using your eligible Mastercard within 60 days of purchase, and the store will not accept a return, you may be eligible for a refund for the cost of the product up to $250
- Mastercard® Global Service - Provides worldwide 24 hour assistance with lost and stolen card reporting, emergency card replacement and emergency cash advance
Additional benefits for Mastercard® Business Debit Card Customers*
- Intuit QuickBooks® - Businesses can sign up for a 30 day free trial and save up to 50% on QuickBooks® online products
- Intuit TurboTax® Save up to $20 on TurboTax® federal products
- Mastercard® Mobile Receipt Management – Free Mobile Receipt Management application for all cardholders
Mastercard® ID Theft Protection (IDT) – Provides you with access to a number of Identity Theft protection and resolution services
- Mastercard® Global Service – Provides worldwide 24 hour assistance with lost and stolen card reporting, emergency card replacement and emergency cash advance
- MasterRental® Insurance Coverage – May provide coverage for covered damages (physical damage and theft) to a rental vehicle when your eligible Mastercard is used to initiate and pay for the entire rental transaction
- Easy Savings - is an automatic rebate program that enables participating Merchants to provide rebates to eligible business cardholders registered in the program
*Please refer to the Mastercard® Guide of Benefits for additional information regarding these services which may include additional fees and other terms and conditions. You may request a copy anytime at any of our convenient locations or by calling 505.995.1200.
You may also call 1-800-Mastercard or go to www.mycardbenefits.com for eligibility requirements or to initiate a claim.
Request a debit card
Once you open a new Century Bank checking account, or if you have an existing account you can request a debit card in one of the following ways:
- Call us at 505.995.1200 or toll free 877.424.2828
- Visit a local branch
Your new cards should arrive in the mail within 1-3 business days.
Activating your debit card
There are several ways to activate your debit card:
- Call to speak to a representative at either 505.424.2888 or toll free 1.877.424.2828
- Call Telephone Banking at 505.424.2828, enter option 6
- Sign into Online Banking
- Activate at any Century Bank ATM
- Activate your card through our Mobile App
- Visit a local branch
Century Bank recommends that you contact us prior to traveling to place a travel notification on your debit card(s) to reduce the possibility of card access being interrupted.
It’s easy to set up a Travel Notification:
- Log in to your Online Banking account and send us a Secure Message with the dates and location of your upcoming trip.
- Call us 505.424.2888 or toll tree 877.424.2828
For your protection, we will continue to monitor debit card activity even when a travel notification is in effect.
Please note that you may be required to use your PIN when making certain types of transactions outside of the State of New Mexico.
Changing your PIN (Personal identification number)
Bring your Debit MasterCard® into any of our convenient locations and our staff will assist you in changing your PIN.
Century Bank has an agreement with the MoneyPass® ATM network to allow our customers to use any MoneyPass® ATM machine without incurring a “Foreign ATM Service Charge” from the owner of the ATM. The MoneyPass® network offers tens of thousands of service charge-free ATMs throughout the United States. A complete listing of MoneyPass® ATM locations and directions are available at www.moneypass.com. Please see Century Bank’s Fee Schedule for a complete listing of bank fees.
As always, when you use your Century Bank ATM/Debit Card at a Century Bank ATM, we will NOT assess a service charge for the transaction. In addition, you have the option of receiving cash back without a service charge at many retail merchants (including grocery stores) when you make a purchase with your debit card.
MyCardRules™ to monitor and detect debit card fraud.
Century Bank now offers MyCardRules™, a mobile app that allows Century Bank Mastercard® Debit cardholders to monitor debit card usage, control and detect fraud, and set several preferences on how your Mastercard® debit card can be used. 1. 2
Enrolled cardholders will receive real-time alerts on pre-determined transactions, settings and rules.
Lose a card? Turn your card "off" for added safety until you reach the bank. Find your card in the meantime? What a relief! Simply turn your card back "on".
On a budget? Tell the app what your spending limits are and stay within transaction limits.3
MyCardRules™ features include the ability to:
- Turn your Mastercard® debit card ON/OFF with the tap of a finger
- View recent debit card transactions and activity
- Set location preferences by location, region, or country to define the areas in which your card can or cannot be used
- Set spend limits on transactions to specify a transaction amount above which transactions are denied
- Set specific transaction types to allow or refuse (in-store, eCommerce, mail or phone orders, auto pay, ATMs, etc.)
- Set specific merchant types to allow or refuse (department stores, gas stations, grocery store, etc.)
- Customize alerts that will be pushed to your mobile device
- Add multiple cards
Download the app today!
Need more information? Call or visit us at any of our convenient locations during normal business hours.
1. This service is provided at no addtional cost. However, you may incur charges to receive internet, cellular or other data service on your mobile device. You may also incur charges from your telecommunications carrier when sending and receiving information in connection with your use of MyCardRules™.
2. MyCardRules™ is a mobile application developed and maintained by Jack Henry and Associates for financial institutions that use JHA Card Processing Solutions™ for their debit card processing.
3. Daily Point of Sale Transaction Limits and ATM Cash Withdrawal Limits are predetermined by Century Bank - Please contact us for assistance.
At Century Bank, we are concerned about the safety of your bank accounts. Century Bank is now offering the following services to help protect you from fraud.
Fraud Center provides proactive monitoring of debit card transactions using transaction profiling to identify fraud patterns as transactions occur. The system examines historical spending patterns and builds a customer profile to identify high risk transactions that may be outside your normal spending habits.
High risk debit card transactions will be reviewed by a Fraud Analyst who will evaluate the transaction in conjunction with recent activity. The Fraud Analyst will attempt to contact you using the phone numbers we have on record. If there is no answer, the Fraud Analyst will leave a message. If the Analyst is unable to verify the transaction by speaking to the owner of the debit card, a temporary block will be placed on future debit card transactions.
If your debit card is blocked because a Fraud Analyst is unable to reach you, the Analyst will provide a phone number to reply to the message in order to remove the temporary block. You may also call Century Bank at 505.424.2888 during normal business hours to have the block removed.
When a Fraud Analyst calls, you will be asked to verify whether a specific transaction is valid. It is important to note that the Analyst will not ask for personal information, such as your account number, the CVV code located on the back of the card, card expiration date, Social Security number, etc.
In most cases, you will not be held liable for unauthorized use of your debit card if you report your card lost or stolen in a timely manner. Let us know immediately if your card has been lost, stolen, or if you notice any suspicious activity on your Century Bank accounts.
Online Banking customers can deactivate a debit card by signing on to Online Banking. Choose “Options” on the main menu; Choose "Debit Card" and click the box in the “Lost/Stolen” column beside the card to be deactivated.
You can also deactivate your debit card on our Mobile App. Choose "Preferences" on the main menu and select Manage Card.
During normal banking hours, call our Customer Service Center at 505.424.2888, to report your lost or stolen card, or to report suspicious activity.
After Hours or Weekends
If you discover your debit card has been lost, stolen or see suspicious debit card activity on your accounts after hours or during a weekend, call 888.297.3416 (within the US) or 206.389.5200 (outside US). You will need to provide:
- The bank’s name, city, and state. You may also provide Century Bank's ABA number: 307072443.
- The exact name on the card.
- Your full address and a day time phone number.
- The reason you are requesting the card be cancelled.
You may also call our Telephone Banking system at 505.424.2828, select 1 for English or 2 for Spanish and then option 5 to deactivate your ATM or debit card.
Call our Customer Service Center at 505.424.2888 during banking hours to arrange for a replacement card.
Protect your debit card – important tips!
- Treat your card like cash and keep it in a secure location
- Don’t write your PIN on your card, keep it with your debit card, or share it with anyone
- Don’t use obvious or easily guessed numbers for your PIN, such as your date of birth or “1111” or “1234”
- Don’t provide your account number to anyone or allow anyone to use your debit card
- Check your monthly statements for unauthorized transactions. Contact Century Bank immediately at 505.424.2888 if there are any suspicious charges
- IMMEDIATELY contact Century Bank at 505.424.2888 if your debit card is lost or stolen. To report a lost or stolen card after business hours, please call 888.297.3416 (within the US) or 206.389.5200 (outside US)
- For security purposes, please activate your card upon receipt